ACCOUNT MANAGER/SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
What better way to end the year than landing a brand new role in an award-winning agency?! If a new challenge is on your Christmas List then read on, because EAST VILLAGE. is on the lookout for a kick-ass Account Manager/Senior Account Manager to join the team!
As an agency centred around team culture, we’re obsessed with welcoming awesome people from a variety of backgrounds to TeamEV. Our dedication to challenging the status quo means that we’ve always got our sights set on how to offer the most flexible and forward-thinking roles around. Since the pandemic, we gave up our office in favour of a more flexible approach to work and we now work together every Wednesday, enjoying the rest of the week from our favourite locations; whether that’s our soft office (bed), local coffee shop or even a sun-lounger, TeamEV has nailed that all-important work/life balance!
With a portfolio packed full of consistently great results for clients, this (Senior) Account Manager role is suited to a PR pro with at least three years’ experience working in a busy agency or bustling in-house team. You will play a proactive part in the direction of the agency, taking overall control of your client relationships and driving your team’s professional development forward.
Whether you’re a Senior Account Executive or Junior Account Manager looking to the next level or an established Account Manager keen to find an agency that shares your values, there is scope to really shape this role into your own. Our unlimited training budget and transparent progression plan also leaves so much space to grow!
About the role
This (Senior) Account Manager role is crucial as we embark on an exciting period of growth, having gone from five to eight people in the last three months alone. Leaning into your expertise and passion for the PR industry, you will be the strategic mind that develops impressive strategies. You will manage a portfolio of clients and oversee your account team to deliver PR, social media, influencer marketing and events that always go above and beyond client expectations.
Happy and healthy will be trending topics on your ‘to do’ list, as you focus on not only building and sustaining strong client relationships, but also focusing on the growth and development of the team. The EV. Senior Leadership Team will look to you to feedback on performance, challenges and skills gaps, to ensure that we’re always delivering to the highest possible standard.
There are no guarantees in PR but what we can promise is that no day will be the same at EAST VILLAGE. That said, some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of clients and taking overall responsibility for hitting – and exceeding – KPIs
- Being responsible for your clients’ relationship with EAST VILLAGE., gaining your own authority with them and providing strategic counsel as required, including crisis comms and exploring ways to upsell our services where relevant
- Creating strategic communications plans that align with our clients’ objectives, using a blend of integrated marketing techniques to get results
- Overseeing your account team’s day-to-day activity, and empowering them to keep growing and progressing
- Constantly reviewing and evaluating our performance, working alongside the SLT to identify gaps in process, resource and understanding
- Managing client budgets for campaigns and events, advising how to get the best bang for their buck
- Building relationships with journalists, influencers, suppliers and other key stakeholders to ensure that EAST VILLAGE. – and our clients – remain front-of-mind for opportunities and collaborations
- Leading your team’s quarterly #iGotThis reviews, as well as keeping a focus on your own professional development through formal and informal training
About EAST VILLAGE.
A client once described us as PR with personality and who are we to argue?! As an award-winning Birmingham PR agency, we pride ourselves on doing things differently.
We work with purpose-driven brands focused on important issues like diversity, sustainability, and entrepreneurship, as well as impact-driven charities and projects who help people live even better lives. We’re passionate about working with organisations who share good values and great stories, and we’re determined to be one too!
People are at the centre of EAST VILLAGE. and with that comes a host of benefits for each and every member of TeamEV, including:
- Fully flexible working hours
- Once-a-week IRL team fun as part of our #WorkTogetherWednesdays
- Macbook laptop and all of the tools you need to work flexibly
- A ‘work from home’ allowance and money to fund a better workstation should you need it
- Generous holiday allowance, with Bank Holidays and two weeks for Christmas on top (and additional religious holidays given for dates that you observe)
- A paid day off for your Birthday, as well as the odd sunshine and duvet day too
- Unlimited training budget
- Free therapy and counselling whenever you need it
- Monthly TeamEV socials, with lots of surprise treats in between
- Opportunity to use yours – and the agency’s – time to help causes that you care about
- Access to exclusive discounts and rewards at over 30,000 brands
… and so much more!
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear more!
- Minimum three years’ experience in an exciting PR agency or fast-paced in-house team
- Experience working in B2B and/or B2C comms, with a track record of delivering impressive client coverage
- Seriously strong communication skills, both written and verbal