Tasty Greek treats are being served up in Great Western Arcade following the opening of a new family-run deli, which has now opened its doors. Treat is the latest retailer to join the city centre arcade and is set to tantalise the tastebuds of shoppers and workers alike with its array of traditional food and drink.
Opened by father-daughter team, George and Angeliki Xiarchou, Treat brings mouth-wateringly good Greek delights to the city. It offers a range of pies, patties, flavoured ring breads, fresh salads, cheeses, herbs and spices, olive oils, fruit smoothies, natural juices, yoghurts, and coffees.
This is the first deli opened by the Xiarchou’s and was born from their passion to promote Greek culture in Birmingham.
“After all of the hard work, I am so excited that Treat is now open and people can come in and enjoy our natural, fresh ingredients. We wanted to bring delicious but healthy food to Birmingham – even our pastries are made without butter – and show people how we do it in Greece! The menu is a little taster of our favourite delicacies and, even better, we sell products in store that let you take that great taste home. I want everyone to come down and try our fantastic food.”
Treat brings together food from different regions of Greece; from pies in the north to the famous Kalamata oil. The menu boats an impressive selection of delicacies, including:
- Pork and chicken Gyros pies
- Fava, Cretan and Sfakiane cheese Monastery pies
- Mixed patties
- Feta, olive, Anthotyro cheese, Gouda cheese Koulouri (ring breads)
- Traditional pan pies and brazed in flavours including spinach, Country peinrli, deli meat, veal and vegetable
- Greek salad with the traditional trimmings, including feta cheese and Kalamata olives
- Dakos, with barley rusks, fresh tomato juice, feta, oregano, parsley, and extra virgin olive oil
- Green and feta cheese salads
- Fruit smoothies with a range of options, including Greek yoghuty, honey, and seasonal fruits
- Mixed seasonal fruit, orange, pomegranate, banana and apple natural juices
- Hot and cold coffees
- Tasty hot chocolate
- Traditional Greek mountain herbal tea and breakfast tea
- Greek yoghurt sweets
- Tsoureki Politiko
- Additional sweet treats, including Bougatsa, Galaktoboureko, Kantaifi, Baklava, Walnut pie and many more
James Roberts, new centre manager at Great Western Arcade, said:
“Treat is a great addition to the food and drink retailers we have here and joins some great company; Yorks Espresso Bar, Bread Collection, Anderson & Hill, Bistro 1847, Loki Wine, Druckers, The Victorian Restaurant, Greggs and Baguette.com. Great Western Arcade is the home of hidden gems and we’re delighted to welcome Treat; it’s something a little different and the food is delicious. I look forward to seeing everyone in the arcade trying it out.”
Treat is located in Great Western Arcade and is open 7am-6pm Monday-Friday and 9am-6pm on Saturday.