Whilst the Easter Holidays may have ended, the fun still continues at Lower Precinct Shopping Centre. The Coventry mall is getting ready to welcome a famous face and a host of tasty treats over the coming weeks, giving families and shoppers the chance to experience something new in their hometown shopping haven.
On Saturday 18 April, a face that lives in over 275 million households worldwide will visit Lower Precinct. Mr Monopoly will visit The Entertainer on the mall’s lower ground floor, meeting and greeting fans of the game. The Entertainer is Coventry city centre’s biggest toy store and welcomes a host of famous characters, and Mr Monopoly will be out and about on this busy summer Saturday to meet shoppers. He’ll be taking photos and welcoming people through the doors of the store, which is the ‘go to’ destination for children’s toys.
The Entertainer opened in Lower Precinct in 2002 and, since then, has been home to the must-have products for kids. Whether it’s action figures, dolls and collectables, or lego, scooters and board games, The Entertainer prides itself on knowing “what kids love” whilst still offering fair prices and excellent customer service. Founded in 1903, Monopoly has established itself as one of the world’s best-loved games; with 275 million sold worldwide, in 111 countries, and available in 43 languages.
The following weekend, the fun will continue when Lower Precinct hosts its first foodie event. The Lower Precinct Great British Food Fair will take place from 11am-3pm on Saturday 25 April on the lower ground floor. The event will be free to attend, with food fans able to choose what they want to sample and buy.
There will be a host of tasty street food sellers, including:
- Big Daddies Diner – specialists in gourmet hotdogs and burgers, home-smoked pulled pork and brisket, and chilli con carne and Philly steak
- The Vegan Grindhouse – the best in Americana vegan street food and desserts brought to you by Vegan Vox
- Pietanic – a pop-up, travelling pie shop offering a range of creative, handmade, artisan pies for meat eaters and vegetarians
- Habaneros – Mexican nachos, tacos and burritos with a host of fillings including pulled pork and beef, chicken tinga, vegetarian options and specials
- When It’s Scone It’s Gone – tasty cakes and treats that are free from Gluten, Lactose, Soya, Nuts and Eggs
- Joe Delucci’s – Over 30 flavours made to traditional Italian recipes. Higher in natural ingredients and lower in fat
- Sugar Candy Coventry – all of your favourite sweet treats served on a beautiful traditional cart
More sellers will be there on the day so make sure that you plan a shopping pit stop at Lower Precinct on 25 April.
Lower Precinct comprises 25% of Coventry city centre’s shopping offer, welcoming around 200,000 shoppers each week. The precinct is home to brands including Next, H&M, New Look, Select, The Entertainer, Pandora, F Hinds, Clarks, Lush, Carphone Warehouse, Caffe Nero, and Pizza Hut, and many more.