Building a healthy reputation for a leading mental health charity
Ben Howells is Chief Executive of Living Well UK, a consortium of over 30 mental health charities and projects across Birmingham and Solihull. Ben knew that Living Well UK was doing brilliant and incredibly important work in the mental health space, and whilst they already had a strong client base, he wanted their footprint to grow in order to help more people.
Enter EAST VILLAGE.
We have been Living Well UK’s retained PR agency since 2019 and have continued to deliver extensive press coverage and on-the-ground project support, including:
- Key team members and practitioners featured monthly in regional and national print and broadcast media as mental health experts
- Taking mental health awareness to the streets, putting Birmingham’s infamous Bullring Bull in a box, to encourage people to face their feelings
- Facilitating collaborations that have led to innovative new mental health provision, including Wellbeing Walks launched in partnership with Heart of England Forest and Birmingham Museums Trust; and free running clubs with local running-tour provider Run Of A Kind, to make physical and mental health support accessible for all
- Launching a partnership campaign with the NHS and Birmingham Mind, for a 24/7 mental health helpline and dedicated Covid-19 helpline for NHS workers
- Being part of the project team that launched a pioneering wellbeing café, grounded, last summer
To date, we have secured over 341 pieces of coverage for Living Well UK, with a combined reach of over 30 million.
Coverage highlights include BBC News, Metro, Independent, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Evening Standard, Yahoo! News and Restless Magazine, to name a few.
“The coverage and outreach that EAST VILLAGE. has achieved has been outstanding. Our account team have a thorough understanding of our core values and objectives, which they use to create thoughtful and interesting content. Our audience numbers have increased hugely since working with EAST VILLAGE. with consistent press coverage and hundreds of thousands of social media impressions. During a time when access to mental health services has been especially crucial, EAST VILLAGE. have stepped up to ensure our message has been communicated broadly and clearly.”
Ben Howells, Chief Executive, Living Well UK