Sam joined East Village as an Account Executive this summer. He works across a range of retail, business, and trade clients. In this ’60 second with’, you’ll get to find out a bit more about our story-driven creative, and his top tips for PR in 2021 and beyond.
- How did you get into PR?
I started writing for an online publication late last year and realised that I really enjoyed it. From there, I found PR and fell in love with the many different areas it covers.
- Tell us a bit more about your role!
As a PR Account Executive, there are a range of different things that my role incorporates. From writing press releases to doing market research, no two day is the same.
- What is your favourite part of the job?
Considering my background is very much in journalism and writing, press releases are probably my favourite aspect of the job.
- What’s your go-to coffee order?
Always a flat white.
- Here’s a divisive question… dogs or cats?
100% dogs, without a question!
- What are your top three marketing tools that you can’t live without?
One would be Editorielle, as it is just so useful when looking for journo requests. My second would be Sked, which is a really great tool for social media planning. My final marketing tool I can’t live without would definitely be Canva, as it is fantastic for designing a range of assets.
- What is one top tip that you give every client about PR?
Always be creative and authentic.
- What is your PR trend prediction for 2021 and beyond?
TikTok will continue to be grow and be the biggest social media platform for PR.
- Who would your dream client be and why?
My dream client would be Goose and Gander. As a clothing brand, I really love their values as a unisex clothing brand and their social presence is really nice.
- Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to get into the industry?
Just stay true to who you are and play to your own strengths.