One of our newest recruits, Abi Daniels, has joined the team as a Digital Content Creator. In this ’60 Seconds with’, she tells us more about how she became a social butterfly, her top tips for nailing Instagrammable content and where to find the next cool hacks.
- How did you get into PR?
I’ve always loved marketing and social media, so whilst I was studying Media Production at university, my passion for PR grew dramatically. When I saw that there was a position going here at EV I immediately applied because of how much I love the company and the work they are doing to better the community.
- Tell us a bit more about your role!
As a content creator for EV it is my job to create content for the EV Instagram page and Pocket Sized PR’s socials. This can range from creating info graphics, to capturing moments of the fast-paced working environment here at EV.
- What is your favourite part of the job?
I love to create content where I can package insightful information in a creative way. Every day at EV is different, being bored just isn’t an option!
- What’s your go-to coffee order?
It depends on the season… in the summer it’s an iced caramel latte, and in the winter is a caramel mocha. Basically, if it has caramel in it, I’m a happy girl!
- Here’s a divisive question… dogs or cats?
Dogs all the way, they always have a friend in me.
- What are your top three marketing tools that you can’t live without?
- Later – this is a scheduling tool that helps you pre-plan posts in advance
- InShot – helps you edit videos quickly and efficiently
- VSCO – the ultimate photo editing app, and you can save your edits as a pre-set so the next time you edit a picture you don’t have to waste time applying the same edits, it will do it all for you.
- What is one top tip that you give every client about PR?
To utilise the ‘insights’ feature on Instagram. It’s so helpful, you can use it to see when your audience is most active on Instagram, and the best time to post so you will receive the most engagement possible.
- What is your PR trend prediction for 2021 and beyond?
I predict that Instagram will have a podcast feature that is like Club House, meaning eventually Club House will die a slow death.
- Who would your dream client be and why?
One brand I love is Pretty Little Thing. Why? I love the way they market, sell and connect with their customers. From their monthly podcasts ‘Behind Closed Doors’ to their engaging, interactive stories. To me, PLT is an excellent example of a successful brand that demonstrates in all the areas above. They go hard and never go home, and because of it, they are one of the leading fast fashion brands in the UK!
- Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to get into the industry?
Keep up to date with the latest social trends as things are always evolving: to survive in this industry you must stay relevant and informed.