The sixth Midlands Food, Drink and Hospitality Awards took place on 10 July at Birmingham Eastside Rooms, to honour and celebrate the region’s thriving hospitality scene. The grand awards ceremony, organised and run by BEvents, saw 27* impressive businesses and individuals, recognised for their ongoing outstanding achievements across the hospitality industry.
Hosted by Brummie radio presenter and podcaster, Dan Kelly, who is best-know for his ten years stint on Capital’s breakfast show and guest speaker on his daily show on In Demand Radio, the Midlands Food, Drink and Hospitality Awards brought together over 500 guests for the annual celebration which saw over 800 entries and 100,000 votes. As well as crowning the winners, the black-tie event also treated guests to a three-course dinner and performances from Undercover Artists and Drumline Entertainment.
Recognising everything from outstanding team achievements to the rising stars in the Midlands, the categories ranged from Chef of the Year and Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year to Food/Drink Festival of the Year and Cocktail Bar of the Year.
The full list of Midlands Food, Drink and Hospitality Awards 2023 winners are:
- Afternoon Tea Establishment of the Year – KILO|ZIRO Cafe Bar & Refill Taproom
- Bar/Restaurant Manager of the Year – Jordan Stewart at Gaucho
- Boutique Hotel of the Year – Mallory Court Hotel & Spa
- Brewery/Distillery of the Year – West Midlands Distillery
- Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year – Thyme Kitchen
- Chef of the Year – Rob Palmer at Toffs by Rob Palmer
- Cocktail Bar of the Year – Fox and Chance
- Desi Bar & Grill of the Year – The Covered Wagon
- Dessert Parlour of the Year – LA-POP!
- East Asian Restaurant of the Year – Yakinori – Solihull
- Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year – Toffs by Rob Palmer
- Food/Drink Festival of the Year – Shrewsbury Food Festival
- Gastro Pub of the Year – The Griffin Inn
- General Manager of the Year – Adin Memetovic at Alberts Schloss
- Hotel Bar of the Year – The Bubble Lounge – Hotel Du Vin
- Hotel of the Year – Edgbaston Park Hotel & Conference Centre
- Independent Coffee Shop of the Year – The Two Mugs
- Italian Restaurant of the Year – Venezia Italian Restaurant
- People’s Choice – Alberts Schloss
- Rising Star of the Year – Christiana Kruzewski at Orelle
- South Asian Restaurant of the Year – Omar Khayam Indian Restaurant
- Steak House of the Year – Black Iron at Winstanley House
- Street Food Operator of the Year – Urban Spice Box
- Traditional Pub of the Year – The Good Intent
- Vegetarian or Vegan Restaurant of the Year – Land Restaurant
- Venue of the Year – Millennium Point
- Sustainable Food Business of the Year – KILO|ZIRO Cafe Bar & Refill Taproom
Commenting on the sixth Midlands Food, Drink and Hospitality Awards, Anita Chumber, co-founder of BEvents, said:
“A massive congratulations to all the incredible winners of the Midlands Food, Drink and Hospitality Awards 2023, where we rolled out the red carpet to honour the very best in the industry. These 27* outstanding businesses and individuals have truly showcased the vibrant and diverse culinary landscape of the Midlands where their exceptional achievements have not only elevated the regions hospitality industry but also created memorable experiences for all.
“After a couple of turbulent years for the sector, we are proud to have been able to cast a spotlight on the Midlands as a hub for extraordinary food and drink. Together, we raised a glass to these outstanding heroes of hospitality who continue to set a new standard of excellence.”
Launched by co-founders Anita Chumber and Ifraz Ahmed, BEvents has become recognised for delivering events that matter: hosting awards ceremonies, round tables, exhibitions, and showcase events that place a spotlight on the region.
“We would also like to express our gratitude to everyone who attended last night and made it such a memorable evening. A special thank you also goes out to our wonderful judges and sponsors whose ongoing commitment has allowed us to cast a spotlight on these outstanding heroes of hospitality to give them the recognition they thoroughly deserve.
“Lastly, we would like to say a final thank you to everyone who took part in our raffle which saw us giveaway a selection of wonderful prizes donated by our wonderful partners and sponsors, with the donations raising a life enhancing sum of £4k for our charity partner, Acorns Children’s Hospice.
“We are already looking to next year’s event and hope to see all our wonderful guests again!” concluded co-founder of Bevents, Ifraz Ahmed.
For more information about BEvents and the winners of the Midlands Food, Drink and Hospitality Awards, visit – https://www.mfdhawards.co.uk/